Monday, July 4, 2011

Serenity Prayer: Longer Version

God,


Grant me the serenity

to accept
the things I cannot change,
the courage to change
the things I can, and the
wisdom to know the difference,

Living one day at a time,
enjoying one moment at a time,
accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
taking this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it,
Trusting that you will make all things
right if I surrender to your will,
so that I may be reasonably happy
in this life, and supremely happy
with you forever in the next.

AMEN!

==========
since today is the US Fourth of July - it's a good thing for us each to see what we can change and pray for the courage to do so in accordance with the will of LOVE.

1 comment:

Shaidi said...

wow simply amazing!!! I love it.. Insha'Allah Ameen.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts with us!