Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Glenn Greenwald on Nir Rosen

"If someone asked me to recommend just one must-read article on the Israeli-Gaza conflict, I would select this column from yesterday in The Guardian by Israeli-American journalist Nir Rosen." Glenn Greenwald

While I posted this article when it came out on my blogsite, I have re-posted this article because the history & points are well worth noting & reviewing...Connie, blogger at One Heart for Peace...However, note one CORRECTION...

Perhaps Mr. Greenwald made a typo, or perhaps the sources I found are wrong, however, it looks like Nir Rosen is an Iranian-American journalist, not an Israeli-American one as written by Greenwald...OR perhaps Nir himself is deliberately vague on his ethnic background? Here's what's on his own site:ere's what is on Rosen's Own blogsite...

About Nir
Born in New York City in 1977, Nir Rosen is a freelance writer, photographer and film-maker who has worked in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia and other popular tourist destinations. His book on Iraq "In the Belly of the Green Bird: The Triumph of the Martyrs in Iraq," was published by Simon and Schuster early in 2006. He can be reached at NIRROSEN@YAHOO.COM

Here's a differing bio?
ie:here

anyway, it really doesn't matter, does it?

Here is what Glenn wrote on his post yesterday...December 30, 2008 "If someone asked me to recommend just one must-read article on the Israeli-Gaza conflict, I would select this column from yesterday in The Guardian by Israeli-American journalist Nir Rosen." However, I'm quite sure Mr. Greenwald seldom makes such mistakes & it's because of his recommendation that I re-post the entire Rosen article above...
Connie, One Heart...blogger

No comments: