Wednesday, November 11, 2009

ELEVEN O'Clock AM ET on ELEVENTH November (9 PM Pakistan) - A Time to MOURN


To Grieve, To Pray, To hold one anothers' hands and feel one anothers' hearts around the world

REPOSTING with Note:

All who can pause for some quiet or collective moments of grieving for all the bloody fields our military and mercenary and militant groups have likewise made of so many sacred and beautiful lands where masses now are without homeland.

Suggested below is the hour 11 AM ET or 9 PM in Pakistan. And to this timely plea, add the apparent death for now of any new peace-plans in Palestine Israel per Wall Writings. GO here

Without time to grieve, beginning anew and healing will later be much more difficult and many more will attempt to exchange a heart of flesh with a heart of stone.

Perhaps come back and make a COMMENT here below this post on how such a pause for GRIEVING affected you in the confusing scheme of the violence all around us?

Be at peace and well beyond all understanding - in "training" for the challenges in this day and the days ahead...

Connie, oneheart blogger

Grief:

Armistice Day Today, Wednesday November 11th

Ft Hood. & the Burial of Abraham

Dear Shalom-seekers,

When I was a kid, at 11 a..m. on November 11, in every school and workplace in America (and Canada, France, England, elsewhere) everybody paused. We took a silent minute or two to remember the dead of World War I and to honor the Armistice that went into effect and stopped the killing at that moment on 11/11/1918.

Even during World War II, we did this --and teachers mentioned the hope that it would have been "the war to end all wars." I don't recall honoring just the American and Allied dead; I think the terrible slaughters of Germans, Russians, Austrians, were also part of it.

This week, the Torah reading includes the story (Gen 25) of how Ishmael & Isaac, Abraham's two long-estranged sons, came together to bury him -- though, or because, he had endangered both their lives. By mourning him together, they dissolved their hostility, and came to live together at the Well of the Living One Who Sees Me.

This week we have been mourning the American soldiers killed by another American soldier at Fort Hood, and sorrowing for their families. Elsewhere in the world, other folks are mourning Afghans and Pakistanis who were celebrating weddings when they were killed by US Predators flinging lightning bolts of death from the sky.

Could we bear to mourn their dead as well as "our own"? Could they bear to mourn our dead as well as "their own"? In Israel & Palestine, there is actually a Circle of Bereaved Families who do exactly that.

What difference might it make? If each "side" mourns only "its own," it is likely that rage and hatred at "the others" will increase. If we can mourn all our dead, perhaps we can make an Armistice. Or even Peace.

So I propose that at 11 am today, 11/ 11, 91 years after the end of the war to end all wars, we pause to mourn the dead of Fort Hood, of the Pashtun lands, of all the bloodied battle fields.

(If you don't get this note till after 11 a.m, it won't hurt to take some quiet time later in the day.)

And if opening yourself to this sharing of grief moves you to want to end this war we are in right now, you might let US Senators (and leaders in your own nations) know by clicking to:

here

For background information on the US war in Afghanistan & Pakistan, see -
here, (oneheart blogger's note: Read also many other places - The Nation- , Bill of Rights Defense Committee for the war and constitutional crimes, and see also Pakistani news for the pulse of the Pakistani people - Try "Dawn" and try also many Pakistani blogs and other media sources we seldom see. Read what Jeremy Scahill knows about the mercenaries)

The Shalom Center's FaceBook page: GO here


Shalom, salaam, peace -- Arthur

12 comments:

CN said...

Try lighting a candle or safe lantern to make quieting down easier. Or go here for the sense of collective vigil and prayer perhaps:
http://peacearena.org/4000candles/

CN said...

Here is another place to light a collective candle to mourn and to pray - hold in the light your's and others' loved ones for peace - in your own style and inclination

Gratefulness dot org

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?l=eng

CN said...

Of course any hour you make your own time for mourning and prayer, holding others and our whole humanity in the light is precious time. I'm doing so several times today and during the week. You set your own best time and the rewards will be best.

CN said...

http://www.veteransforpeace.org A startling while brave piece: Please do not thank me for my service:

Please_do_not_thank_me_for_my_service
.vp.html or go to afterdowningstreet dot com

Rehan Damani said...

I lit one candle by the name of "Mourn" in the second link you gave....

CN said...

Hello Rehan,

The name you gave that candle was so appropriate. I plan to do the same before my bedtime.

I would love your comments about the Iqbal Day events. I understand you and at least one other student attended? I will also look at Republic of Rumi blogs.

CN said...

PERHAPS there's still hope as well for some manner of peace negotiations?

bitterlemons-international.org
Middle East Roundtable

Download our book, The Best of bitterlemons: Five years of writings from Israel and Palestine.

Edition 41 Volume 7 - November 12, 2009

Egyptian mediation between Fateh and Hamas

• Hamas remains the obstacle - an interview with Sufyan Abu Zaida
Abbas' next steps will very seriously affect the entire Palestinian legal and political system.

• Mediator as partner - Zvi Bar'el
The most important factor is the strained relations between Egypt and Syria.

• Frozen efforts may still lead to reconciliation - an interview with Mahmoud al-Ramahi
We are concerned that the Americans interfered with the proposal.

• Giving up is not an option - Gamal A. G. Soltan
Hamas could be far more destructive should it be fully isolated.

Talha said...

Can I ask you something Mr Nash:

Is it judgmental and biased of me to hate International Bankers and Capitalist Elite?

I feel sad for American people (REALLY SAD) because you are exploited so much. May be I am watching too much Micheal Moore. :)

CN said...

Understandable anger and hatred even yet perhaps eventually not our most sublime reaction. See the philosophy of Marietta, a friend of mine, at the latest blogpost here.

Thanx for the empathy for the American people. Do you have suggestions as to how we can stop being so exploited?

Talha said...

Actually I have some thoughts.. :)

Basically the main problem is lack of unity among the people. Half democrats and half Republicans. And too much loyalty and faith in these parties is eating you.
I can give example of Pakistan as I live here.

The Sharif and Zardari are the most dominant ones here nowadays. They look like hardcore enemies. they may have conflict of some interests but there main agenda is very clear and they work like brothers towards that.

(No conspiracies or jews involved, as it is a common practice among us involving them.)

Their main agenda is any corrupt leader's dream i.e Accumulation of Nation's Wealth. So for this purpose, they stand united.
We know as a fact that they own the sugar mills, they privatized national organizations to their own family members (who still own them).

I know, these are debatable points. But that is what I would do if I wanted to become a nation's richest person and our leaders are prime examples.

So, You people need to realize that the two parties may not be the solution for you.

Republicans started the war, Democrats doing nothing to stop it. Obama gave so much hope. Jeez!! It gets better every time. Every president (except some) gave hope to you before election and then let you down.


This is a long long long debate. My knowledge is nothing. I am just a student.

What I know is:
We need to wake up from the trance. We need to shake ourself real bad (Or are we waiting for earthquakes and destruction?)
The slaves need to realize that Pharoah is not God, he is only a human being. Pakistani people (90% uneducated masses exploited) should realize that Altaf Bhai, Zardari, sharif, they are all a deception.

And we need leaders for that. Pakistanis dont have leaders. But you Americans DO. I have been following SENATOR RON PAUL of yours and he is so logical and caring for the nation.

Start supporting him. And if he is not the solution then find a leader or make someone a leader. Force yourself out of this mess.


I am sorry. This is the first time I have opened up my thoughts anywhere like this.
If I have annoyed you or something, please forgive me. :)

CN said...

No apology necessary AT ALL...in fact, I found your comments to be comparable to the eldest wisest among us from any country.

You said: "Basically the main problem is lack of unity among the people. Half democrats and half Republicans. And too much loyalty and faith in these parties is eating you."

YES, and many of our best progressive and peace-loving writers are also saying the same. Question is what to do to work toward a third-party or revolution without more violence and less help to end war with nations such as your own?

To your comment: "I can give example of Pakistan as I live here.
The Sharif and Zardari are the most dominant ones here nowadays. They look like hardcore enemies. they may have conflict of some interests but their main agenda is very clear and they work like brothers towards that."

Plz give me some examples and some writers to read from your nation with links!

I'm not clear on what you mean my "conspiracies" - you have them there in Pak or not? (Is it ok to use Pak to abbreviate or is that offensive not to write out the whole name?) Be careful with specifics or write to me by email:
newlease7@yahoo.com with CLEAR subject heading...be careful of those as well...

To your: "You people need to realize that the two parties may not be the solution for you. Republicans started the war, Democrats doing nothing to stop it. Obama gave so much hope. Jeez!! It gets better every time. Every president (except some) gave hope to you before election and then let you down. This is a long long long debate. My knowledge is nothing. I am just a student."

Actually your analysis is more in keeping with treating any citizens as if they were actual adults instead of thinking they are children, therefore you can fool them. Even if we all were children, that would be an evil scheme.

You rightly spoke: "What I know is:
We need to wake up from the trance. We need to shake ourself real bad (Or are we waiting for earthquakes and destruction?)"

God forbid..yet looks it's coming UNLESS we do wake up SOON from this trance!

To your: "The slaves need to realize that Pharoah is not God, he is only a human being. Pakistani people (90% uneducated masses exploited) should realize that Altaf Bhai, Zardari, sharif, they are all a deception."

Yes, just like our leaders are deceiving us! Once Jesus was recorded as saying, "My Kingdom is NOT of this world."

To your: "And we need leaders for that. Pakistanis dont have leaders."

What do you mean - no leaders in Pakistan?

And to your: "But you Americans DO. I have been following SENATOR RON PAUL of yours and he is so logical and caring for the nation.

Start supporting him. And if he is not the solution then find a leader or make someone a leader. Force yourself out of this mess."

Problem with supporting him is wouldn't this be also supporting his party, ie, Palin and/or McCain and the NeoCons, etc.?

And who are the other leaders you recognize from there?

To your: "I am sorry. This is the first time I have opened up my thoughts anywhere like this.
If I have annoyed you or something, please forgive me. :)"

Oh my dear student and fellow peace lover, NO, not at all, I am most amazed and thrilled with your comment...keep going with it...just be discerning and safety precautions and lot of prayer...

IF you ever run here or anywhere, I WILL vote for you....stay in touch.

Talha said...

Ron Paul stood independently in your 2008 elections. He got around 1-3 percent votes.

Now you tell me. If I stand up here in Pak, wouldn't this happen to me too.

Revolution needs independent study of facts and actually caring for what is going around.

Here in Pak, rich doesn't care what goes around until it is against their interest.
Around all the poor are in a state of . . I cant describe it. I don't have words to describe what their state is. I have talked to my Rickshaw drivers, my laborors etc. For these people, every day is a struggle. They go out, the other people toss them around. They come home empty handed, their wives shout at them and naturally, they have to beat them up.

Don't generalize above example to every poor in the country. Everyone has his own story.


About the writers and links, I am no old man with a big library at my back when I am talking. :) (In every documentary I watch, people have books behind them. Yes. Reading is important.)

I may give you some links after researching a bit. A lot of information I gain is through: 2+2=4 : 4 is the new knowledge. 2+2+4= 8 . .And so on.


Conspiracies. When we talk about common agenda, we are very prone to saying that it is to serve Jews and Americans. And I believe in these conspiracy theories with a small addition. Jew-> Jewish International Bankers and Americans.
-> American capitalist elites.

And if you want links and readings on these so-called conspiracy theories (That is what Bush called them), I can give you a lot.
And you yourself has been doing a great job on the blog. I have not read everything yet here.

Yes. We don't have any true leaders. Many scholars have brilliant minds, but they teach, don't lead.

And I would like to stand up in politics if I had plenty of thugs and bullet proof Jackets. And I am not joking.

Here in Karachi, MQM is so ruthless.

Quote:
Yes, just like our leaders are deceiving us! Once Jesus was recorded as saying, "My Kingdom is NOT of this world."

Please elaborate a little bit more or give me a link. If Jesus' Kingdom is not of this world, then whose world is it? Satan? I am confused. :l

You have encouraged me my friend! And I have a lot to talk. So stop me when you get tired. :)